My favorite costume was definitey the ‘Hipster Turtles,’ new age ninja turtle whose shells were made out of PBR boxes!
If you didn’t make it to the party, this is what you missed:
- Local favorite DJs: Jon Yu, Yes! sputnik, and Discovery DJ’s Nixxed and Hidden Cat
- Over-the-top photo booth
- Costume contest
- Celebrity judges: Aly and Beth Khalifa of Design Box and SPARKcon; and the very talented Toola
- Amazing prizes created by Triangle area artist: Leo Gaev, Christian Karkow, Ian Pause, Sarah Powers, Scott Reeder
- Costume Categories: Wicked Funny, Least Likely to Take Home to Mom, Best Group/Couple, Most Creative and Wild Card (Judges Choice)
- Great local food (Savory and sweet treats donated by Benelux Cafe,
Busy Bee, Calavera, Five Star, Jibarra, Crumb, and Taverna Agora)
and free pop-up drinks from Foundation (as well as a cash bar).
- Pop-up dance performances by Black Irish
- Fire and Ariel performances from Phoenix Rising productions
- Custom Halloween art work by Ron Liberti
- Graffiti installations by Matthew Curran, Derek Toomes, Sean Kernick and friends
- Horror Films by Rob Underhill
- Video art projections by Yuxtapongo and much more!