Why Raleigh is cooler than the city you live in…Reason #122,435: The Carolina Hurricanes are hosting the 2011 NHL All-Star Game
According to VisitNC.com, “The NHL All-Star Wide Open is a three-day extravaganza in partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL) and the Carolina Hurricanes to celebrate the arrival of the 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend, January 28-30.”
NHL All-Star Wide Open will include the following, all adding up to Raleigh’s biggest sports spectacular ever:
- NHL Fan Fair: A hockey fan festival featuring interactive games and attractions, special appearances, Hockey Hall of Fame trophy and memorabilia displays, live TV and radio broadcasts, pin trading and trading card zones, music, food, official NHL All-Star merchandise and dozens of other dynamic activities in the Raleigh Convention Center. Friday – Sunday, January 28-30
- All-Star Live at the Amphitheater: A series of free concerts from regional and international acts featuring Three Doors Down. The amphitheater is one of many ‘zones’ open to sponsors and bustling with activity. Friday – Saturday, January 28-29
- All-Star Streets: A street party on Fayetteville and Cabarrus Streets in the style of the popular Raleigh Wide Open spectaculars. Friday – Saturday, January 28-29.
- All-Star 5K: A charity 5K run/walk through Raleigh, starting and ending at the RBC Center, to benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation. Saturday, January 29
- PBR Pre-game @ Benelux Cafe (309 Blake St Downtown Raleigh)
If you are traveling to Raleigh for the big game, don’t forget to download the PBRmeASAP iphone App.
PBRmeASAP makes it easy to find nearby places that sell PBR. After opening the app, PBRmeASAP uses your GPS location to let you know the nearby bars, restaurants, and stores that serve Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
Click on a map icon to drill down on the retailer. From there, you can check the number of Yelp stars or directly call the location. You can even mark that you’ve been to a location and it will show up on the map.