SMKA 2 Year Anniversary Party
Thursday, Dec 9th
Star Bar (437 Moreland Ave)
Come out and help us celebrate 2 years in the music business. Good music, good people, great place and cheap drinks. Special thanks to all of our friends and family for 2 eventful years.
Aleon Craft, J-Live, Jarren Benton, A-1… and A Few Surprise Guests.
Jam Session w/ Alien Warr and the SMKA Band
SMKA Looking Back
We released our first project in December 2008, The 808 Experiment: Vol 1. The project became a success in the Atlanta underground scene, and eventually won Creative Loafing’s Best Local Mixtape. Shortly after the release we began involving ourselves in all aspects of the Atlanta hip-hop community. We began working with as many talented artists as possible, constantly looking for new artists. In the past year we expanded our company into branding and artist development, and are currently working with a handful of different artists. We are always looking to grow musically, and hope to continue to build a network of talented and creative individuals. Our goal is to develop a sustainable business that will allow us to create original, influential music and content, while helping others do the same. Below are a few highlights over the past two years.
- We have worked with over 100 artists, including many of the brightest young hip-hop artists in the US. Including: B.o.B, Yelawolf, Pill, Outasight, Tanya Morgan, Dom Kennedy, Outasight, Aleon Craft, Hollyweerd, Nappy Roots, Shawn Chrystopher and many more.
- SMKA projects, and music, have been featured in most all of the major hip-hop media outlets: XXL, Complex, Fader, 2Dopeboyz, Nahright, HiphopDX, DJbooth, RCD-LBL, Ozone, OnSmash, DJVlad, Creative Loafing, Rolling Out, illroots, Ruby Hornet, xclusivezone, The Smoking Section, and hundreds more.
- Since the release of our first project in December 2008, SMKA projects/songs have accumulated over an estimated 250,000 downloads.
- We have collaborated with The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, producing a piece for their Concerts for Young People series which was performed 18 times at the Atlanta Symphony Hall for over 50,000 students. The unique collaboration was a featured story twice on CNN in February, 2010.
- We have produced donzens of successful events and live shows, including involvement with both, SXSW and A3C Hip-Hop Festival.
For FREE Entry RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org